Winter in Ötztal
In the Ötztal ski paradise for early starters, endurance athletes and après-ski freaks, winter lasts for 3 full seasons
Ötztal is a lonely peak: snowboarding fans can enjoy their turns on the glacier pistes from September. And a month later you can also hit the ground running in the fun areas at the edge of the slopes: at the "First Snow Glacier Start" in mid-October, at the AUDI FIS Ski World Cup kick-off at the end of October and then almost every autumn, winter and spring weekend until the beginning of May.
Winter in Austria means experiencing a breathtaking natural landscape and great events.
Sölden in particular has a number of hotspots to offer winter sports fans, such as three three-thousander peaks. Around the BIG3 Gaislachkogl, Tiefenbachkogl and Schwarze Schneide, all of which can be reached with modern lifts, you will find first-class conditions for a successful break during your skiing holiday. The well-developed glacier areas on the Rettenbach and Tiefenbachferner make exciting descents possible even in autumn. The pros at the ski and snowboard schools will accompany you on your first turns on the slopes and give advanced skiers valuable tips for the perfect freeride.
We look forward to seeing you!
- Skiing: perfect pistes for all levels of skiing competence
- Snowboarding: Fun-parks and Free-riding abounds
- Ski Mountaineering: untouched slopes, icy summits, majestic glaciers
- Tobogganing & Sledging: Party Fun with 5 km of light natural track
- Cross-country skiing: prepared trails through gentle rolling hills ideal for cross-country skiing and gliding silently through tree-shaded tracks
- Winter Hiking: with trails leading across snow-covered forests, white fields or by the Ötztal Ache (River)